Information – Board of Directors
Board of Directors
West Prep Children’s Centre is governed by a Board of Directors made up of parents and the Supervisor. The Board of Directors strongly encourages the participation of parents who reflect the racial and cultural diversity of the Centre’s users. Although many decisions regarding the children’s day are made by the childcare staff and Supervisor (in accordance with C.C.E.Y.A) general policy decisions are made by the Board of Directors.
Decisions concerning staffing including hiring, firing, disciplinary action, lay off, or any other such matter will be made by the Board of Directors or at minimum a consensus of 3 Executive Board members any of the following: Chairperson, Vice Chairperson, Treasurer, and Secretary.
Areas of Responsibility
- Decisions concerning the philosophy of the Centre
- Periodic evaluations of the program
- Decisions concerning the hiring, performance appraisal, disciplining and dismissal of staff
- Decisions concerning staff salaries and terms and conditions of employment
- Decisions concerning fee structure
- Establishment and monitoring of the budget
- Management of revenue
- Decisions concerning operating procedures
- Resolution of contentious issues involving staff or parents and staff where such have not been resolved by the Supervisor
- All executive board members have signing authority
Board meetings are held every month and participation by parents of children at the Centre is both welcomed and encouraged. Information is provided on the Board notice-board and agendas are posted one week prior to the meetings. If you have anything you wish discussed by the Board, please bring it to the attention of the Supervisor/Assistant Supervisor two weeks before the meeting date. In general, it is expected that the Supervisor/Assistant Supervisor is the first point of contact for all issues regarding the Centre’s operation.
The Centre is a tenant of West Prep Public School but is completely independent from the Toronto District School Board (TDSB). Rent is paid in co-ordination by our centre and The City of Toronto to the TDSB on behalf of the Centre. As a tenant of TDSB, the Centre must be run in accordance with TDSB regulations for use of school property. In practice, the active involvement of the Principal with the Centre means that relations between the School and the Centre run smoothly.
Current Board Members – 2022/2023 School Year
The current Board of Director’s are as follows:
- Chair: Jenna Bendavid
- Vice Chair: Marija Dujic
- Secretary: Ben Murane
- Treasurer: Stefanie Spencer
- Community Rep: Zoey Fiksel
- Member at Large: Ali Kates
- Centre Supervisor: Rose Bozza
- Centre Assistant Supervisor: Joyce Carubia